- ACT UPDATE FOR JUNIORS: The ACT Plus Writing, originally scheduled for March 4, has been rescheduled for Tuesday, March 18 due to inclement weather.
- ACT PLUS WRITING: As part of North Carolina’s Accountability Program, PCHS will administer the ACT Plus Writing to juniors on Tuesday, March 18. Students are required to provide photo identification in order to test. Students are high encouraged to bring their own ACT-approved calculators. ACT study materials can be found by visiting www.actstudent.org.
- ALL STUDENTS: Please pay close attention to the bell schedule for March 18.
- MAKE-UP DATES: For PCHS students, WCPSS has scheduled the following make-up days for traditional calendar schools: March 28, April 21, June 11, and June 12. The final exam schedule for students in Grades 9, 10, and 11 will be impacted now that June 11 and 12 will be school days. State testing regulations will require students to be tested during the final five school days of the school year; currently, those dates are June 6, 9, 10, 11, and 12 for students in Grades 9, 10, and 11. Graduation is scheduled for June 8; thus, the exam window for seniors must occur within the window of June 2-6. When it appears that winter weather no longer poses the threat of closing school, PCHS will finalize an exam schedule and post it on this site. Meanwhile, parents should plan for students to be in school on the make-up dates. Seniors, of course, will not be expected to attend school after June 6.
- GRADUATION PRODUCTS: Jostens will be on campus on Thursday, March 13, in the auditorium during SMART Lunch to deliver cap and gown units as well as other senior products. All items must be paid for in full before students can receive their products. Online payments must be made 48 hours prior to the delivery date. Only cash or money orders will be accepted on the delivery date. Any senior still needing to place an order promptly should go to http://trianglegrad.com/ for information.
- HOME BASE/POWERSCHOOL UPDATE:
PowerSchool will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 14, until 6:00 a.m. on Monday, March 17, due to system maintenance by the NC Department of Public Instruction. As a result, PCHS is extending the window for course requests through Monday, March 24.
- STUDENT COURSE REQUESTS:
The 2014-15 student course requests window is open from Monday, March 10, through Monday, March 24. Counselors have presented course selection information through classroom guidance sessions and assemblies for rising sophomores, juniors and seniors. Graduation requirements should drive a student’s course requests. It is the responsibility of all students and their parents/guardians to make sure that the students select courses that are needed in order to meet graduation requirements and college/university admission requirements. All course requests must be submitted through Home Base/PowerSchool. Course selection resources, including directions on how to submit course requests, are posted on the Student Services’ Blackboard page in an effort to assist students during the course requests window. Counselors are available via phone, email, or appointment to answer questions.
- GPA CALCULATIONS: Wake County Public School System has been informed by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction (NCDPI) that schools should not run GPA calculations until NCDPI resolves some statewide issues with GPA calculations. Any questions should be directed to Student Services.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Until the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction resolves statewide issues with transcripts, WCPSS has provided a letter to Wake County high schools regarding the inability to send transcripts generated by PowerSchool. This letter will be included in all transcript requests until further notice. Panther Creek High School will process transcript requests by sending the letter, the 2012-2013 final transcript, and first semester report card. Click here to see how students should request transcripts. Updated February 27, 2014
- THE GREATER RALEIGH NATIONAL COLLEGE FAIR is returning to Raleigh. This year’s fair will be held on Tuesday, March 11, at the Raleigh Convention Center from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. All students and parents may attend. There will be over 200 national colleges and universities on hand to answer questions regarding their institutions. Workshops will also be available to assist students and families with application tips, essay writing, and how to finance a college education. Students are highly encouraged to register at www.gotomyncf.com.
- ACADEMIC SUPPORT comes in many forms. SMART Lunch has become an important part of our academic culture and has been a key factor in our students' academic success and our school's state-recognized, outstanding graduation rate. In addition to support from teachers during classes and SMART Lunch, many other resources are available. If you have questions about these resources, contact Robin McAlexander, intervention coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YEARBOOKS: Students and parents can now place orders for the award-winning Panther Creek yearbook. The sooner a yearbook is ordered, the less it costs. Please go to www.jostensyearbooks.com to order a yearbook today.
- CLASS OF 2014 PCHS SITE: Seniors and their parents should check this site at various points during the school year. The site can also be accessed through clicking the “Student Life” tab on the menu bar at the top of this page.
- BUS TRANSPORTATION: Panther Creek bus routes are available at http://www.wcpss.net/school-directory/bus-routes/526.html.
- SCHOOL LUNCH: For information on the school lunch program, visit http://www.wcpss.net/parents/school-meals/.
- WEATHER-RELATED CLOSING/DELAY: For information on weather-related closing/delay of school, please refer to http://www.wcpss.net/parents/inclement-weather.html.
. Parents may register to receive notifications from WCPSS by clicking here.
- SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS for the 2014-15 school year
- The Rising 9th Grade Parent Information Night has been rescheduled for Monday, March 17 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in the Panther Creek High School auditorium. Due to seating availability, this session is for parents only.
- PC's Got Talent will be held on Thursday, April 17 at 7:00 p.m. in the Panther Creek auditorium. Presale admission tickets can be purchased at the auditorium ticket booth for $5 during SMART Lunch on Wednesday, April 16, and Thursday, April 17. Admission tickets at the door will be $7.