- 2014 BLOOD DRIVE: Be a “Hero” and join in on PCHS’s fourth annual Blood Drive! Panther Creek High School will be hosting its fourth Blood Drive sponsored by Rex Hospital. The blood drive will take place on Saturday, November 15, 2014 from 9:00 am to 1:00pm. Parents and students are encouraged to get involved by donating blood. Every three seconds someone needs blood, and one donation can save 3 lives. Appointments will be scheduled every 15 minutes. Any individual who is 17 years of age and older, in good health and weighs at least 110 pounds is eligible to donate. To register for this event click here. Thank you and we look forward to working together to make this event a huge success! Click here for eligibility information, processes, and facts about donating blood.
- ASVAB: Discover more about your potential job strengths and interest skills (regardless of pursuing a military career). The ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) test will be administered on Wednesday, November 12. Interested Juniors and Seniors should stop by Student Services to sign-up before Wednesday, November 5.
- POWDER PUFF: Sign-up will be during SMART Lunch on Monday, October 20 until Wednesday, October 22 in the student courtyard, or auditorium if raining! You must have your completed forms (Permission and Waiver Form and Certificate of Accident Insurance Form) and $10 to sign-up. There will also be the option for anybody who will not be playing on the field to buy a T-shirt that will say "Cheerleader" and these will be available to not only students but any parents who are interested as well! They are also $10. The last day to turn in forms and payment to Ms. Tokmakci (Room 3610) is Thursday, October 23. The practice will take place on Monday, November 10 at 2:30pm and the game will be on Wednesday, November 12 at 5pm. Rain date is scheduled for Monday. November 17. The winning team will earn points towards the Catamount Cup!
- SUPPORT YOUR PCHS PTSA: Please consider joining your PTSA. Click here for additional information.
- PARTICIPATE IN PTA REFLECTIONS: "Calling all dancers, videographers, composers, authors, photographers and artists! There is some amazing talent at Panther Creek High School; let's get it out there and show the world what we've got! The National PTA Reflections Program is an arts recognition and achievement program that offers students opportunities to express themselves creatively in six different art categories and to receive recognition for original works of art inspired by a pre-selected theme. The 2014-2015 theme is "The world would be a better place if..." Reflect on the theme, create an original work of art, and be recognized for your efforts! Local winners in each category go on to compete at the district/region and state levels. State winners are then considered for a National PTA Reflections award, including: Outstanding Interpretation Awards, Awards of Excellence, and Awards of Merit. You will need a student entry form, a copy of the general rules and art specific rules, all of which can be picked up in the Media Center. Submissions may be dropped off with Ms. Bliss in the Media Center, no later than Friday, October 31st.
For more details, contact PCHS Reflections co-chairs Janet Brownlee (KGJgirls@yahoo.com) or Michelle Sefton (Michelle.Sefton@gmail.com).
- VOLUNTEERS: All continuing volunteers approved for the 2013-2014 school year MUST reactivate as a volunteer no later than 4:00 p.m. on October 31, 2014. Volunteers may go to any WCPSS site and register through the intranet. Access to the volunteer system is: WCPSS Intranet – Business Applications – Volunteer Registration. After October 31, 2014, individuals previously approved may not volunteer without a new criminal record check.
- BUS TRANSPORTATION: Panther Creek bus routes are available at http://www.wcpss.net/school-directory/bus-routes/526.html.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Click here to see how students should request transcripts. (Updated June 13, 2014)
- ACADEMIC SUPPORT comes in many forms. SMART Lunch has become an important part of our academic culture and has been a key factor in our students' academic success and our school's state-recognized, outstanding graduation rate. In addition to support from teachers during classes and SMART Lunch, many other resources are available.
- NEED BUS SERVICE? New practices are in place for families new to Wake County and for returning students who are first-time bus riders.
- SCHOOL LUNCH: For information on the school lunch program, visit http://www.wcpss.net/parents/school-meals/.
- EARNING CREDIT BY DEMONSTRATED MASTERY (CDM): Under the state’s new Credit by Demonstrated Mastery (CDM) option, uniquely qualified students may “test out” or bypass a course if they have already mastered the content. For additional information including parent information sessions, Click Here.
- WEATHER-RELATED CLOSING/DELAY: For information on weather-related closing/delay of school, please refer to http://www.wcpss.net/parents/inclement-weather.html.
Parents may register to receive notifications from WCPSS by clicking here.
- SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS for the 2014-15 school year
- SECOND SEMESTER PARENT NIGHT: The second semester Parent Night will be held on Thursday, February 5, at 7:00 p.m.