- RETIREMENT: On April 11, 2014, Principal Rodney Nelson announced to the school's leadership team and to the staff that he will be retiring effective July 1. In January 2006, Mr. Nelson began the program planning and staffing to prepare for Panther Creek's August 2006 opening. Mr. Nelson has invested 35 years of service to students in North Carolina as a teacher and administrator. Upon retirement, 15.5 of his years of service will be to the Wake County Public School System and 8.5 years to Panther Creek High School.
- PROM UPDATE: The 2014 Prom, “A Night at Gatsby’s,” will be held at Panther Creek from 8:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 26. Juniors and seniors may purchase tickets on-line Monday, April 7, through Monday, April 21, for $40. Tickets purchased on-line will be available for pick up during SMART Lunch in room 2613 Tuesday, April 15, through Wednesday, April 23.
Students wishing to purchase tickets with cash or check may purchase tickets during SMART Lunch in room 2613 for $45 Monday, April 14, through Thursday, April 17.
All fines must be paid in full prior to tickets being issued. The student purchasing the ticket(s) must also submit a completed Prom Code of Conduct form with date information (if applicable), student ID, photo copy of date's ID, and copy of on-line receipt (if purchased on-line) prior to receiving a ticket.
- MAKE-UP DATES: For PCHS students, WCPSS has scheduled the following make-up days for traditional calendar schools: March 28, April 21, June 11, and June 12. On April 10 WCPSS announced that June 13 will no longer be required as a make-up day. PCHS has more than the state-required number of instructional hours for the school year. Thus, PCHS will not be making any adjustments to its daily schedule. State testing regulations require students to be tested during the final five school days of the school year; those dates will be June 6, 9, 10, 11, and 12 for students in Grades 9, 10, and 11. Graduation is scheduled for June 8; thus, the exam window for seniors must occur within the window of June 2-6. Seniors will not be expected to attend school after June 6.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Click here to see how students should request transcripts.
- ACADEMIC SUPPORT comes in many forms. SMART Lunch has become an important part of our academic culture and has been a key factor in our students' academic success and our school's state-recognized, outstanding graduation rate. In addition to support from teachers during classes and SMART Lunch, many other resources are available. If you have questions about these resources, contact Robin McAlexander, intervention coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YEARBOOKS: Students and parents can now place orders for the award-winning Panther Creek yearbook. The sooner a yearbook is ordered, the less it costs. Please go to www.jostensyearbooks.com to order a yearbook today.
- CLASS OF 2014 PCHS SITE: Seniors and their parents should check this site at various points during the school year. The site can also be accessed through clicking the “Student Life” tab on the menu bar at the top of this page.
- BUS TRANSPORTATION: Panther Creek bus routes are available at http://www.wcpss.net/school-directory/bus-routes/526.html.
- SCHOOL LUNCH: For information on the school lunch program, visit http://www.wcpss.net/parents/school-meals/.
- WEATHER-RELATED CLOSING/DELAY: For information on weather-related closing/delay of school, please refer to http://www.wcpss.net/parents/inclement-weather.html.
. Parents may register to receive notifications from WCPSS by clicking here.
- SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS for the 2014-15 school year
- PC's Got Talent will be held on Thursday, April 17, at 7:00 p.m. in the Panther Creek auditorium. Presale admission tickets can be purchased at the auditorium ticket booth for $5 during SMART Lunch on Wednesday, April 16, and Thursday, April 17. Admission tickets at the door will be $7.