Panther Creek will administer the PSAT/NMSQT
on Wednesday, October 15. The PSAT/NMSQT
measures the critical reading, mathematics and writing skills students need to succeed in college and beyond. All students in grade 10 are scheduled to test, as well as registered students in grade 9 and grade 11. Juniors who test need photo identification to enter the testing room. All students are reminded to bring number 2 pencils and an approved calculator. Additional details may be found by visiting Student Services’ Blackboard page
In preparation for the state’s accountability model and in alignment with the Common Core Standards, Panther Creek will administer the PLAN
assessment on October 17. All students in grade 10 will test with no cost to the student. The PLAN
is a curriculum based achievement test in English, Math, Reading, and Science, that measures college and career readiness, serves as a midpoint assessment, and is also a predictor for the ACT.
Additional details may be found by visiting Student Services’ Blackboard page
.Additional details may be found by visiting Student Services’ Blackboard page
PICTURE MAKEUP DAY for all students, including Seniors, will be Tuesday, October 7. Any 9th - 11th grade students who need to have their pictures taken can come to the Auditorium during SMART Lunch. Senior pictures will be taken during first or second Period by appointment.
- CLASS RING ORDERS: Jostens will take Class Ring orders on Monday, October 13 during SMART Lunch in front of the Media Center. Parent order night will be held on Tuesday, October 14. Graduation Products can be ordered Tuesday, October 14 from 5:30 - 7:00 PM in the auditorium for last names A-M. Wednesday, October 15 from 5:30 - 7:00 PM will be reserved for last names N-Z. Class Ring and Graduation products makeup day is Monday, October 20 during SMART Lunch.
- SUPPORT YOUR PCHS PTSA: Please consider joining your PTSA. Click here for additional information.
- PARTICIPATE IN PTA REFLECTIONS: "Calling all dancers, videographers, composers, authors, photographers and artists! There is some amazing talent at Panther Creek High School; let's get it out there and show the world what we've got! The National PTA Reflections Program is an arts recognition and achievement program that offers students opportunities to express themselves creatively in six different art categories and to receive recognition for original works of art inspired by a pre-selected theme. The 2014-2015 theme is "The world would be a better place if..." Reflect on the theme, create an original work of art, and be recognized for your efforts! Local winners in each category go on to compete at the district/region and state levels. State winners are then considered for a National PTA Reflections award, including: Outstanding Interpretation Awards, Awards of Excellence, and Awards of Merit. You will need a student entry form, a copy of the general rules and art specific rules, all of which can be picked up in the Media Center. Submissions may be dropped off with Ms. Bliss in the Media Center, no later than Friday, October 31st.
For more details, contact PCHS Reflections co-chairs Janet Brownlee (KGJgirls@yahoo.com) or Michelle Sefton (Michelle.Sefton@gmail.com)."
Student Council will be sponsoring a Homecoming Dance on Saturday, October 4 entitled "Winter Wonderland." The dance will be held in the Panther Creek Commons from 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM. Tickets may be purchased on-line
September 15 through September 28
for $7.50 . Tickets purchased on-line will be available for pick up during SMART lunch on September 29 & 30.
Students wishing to purchase tickets with cash or check may purchase tickets during SMART lunch for $10.00
from September 29 - October 2.
The student purchasing the ticket(s) must also submit a completed Guest Form
with date information (if applicable), student ID, photo copy of date's ID, and copy of on-line receipt (if purchased on-line) prior to receiving a ticket.
Student Council is pleased to announce the timeline for Student-Initiated clubs. All club applications and constitutions are due to Mr. Gatlin in M401 by 2:30 pm on Friday, October 3. Club interviews will be conducted during SMART Lunch on Thursday, October 9 and Friday, October 10. Please see the attached documents for further information.How to Request a Club
and Club Application
- VOLUNTEERS: All continuing volunteers approved for the 2013-2014 school year MUST reactivate as a volunteer no later than 4:00 p.m. on October 31, 2014. Volunteers may go to any WCPSS site and register through the intranet. Access to the volunteer system is: WCPSS Intranet – Business Applications – Volunteer Registration. After October 31, 2014, individuals previously approved may not volunteer without a new criminal record check.
- BUS TRANSPORTATION: Panther Creek bus routes are available at http://www.wcpss.net/school-directory/bus-routes/526.html.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Click here to see how students should request transcripts. (Updated June 13, 2014)
- ACADEMIC SUPPORT comes in many forms. SMART Lunch has become an important part of our academic culture and has been a key factor in our students' academic success and our school's state-recognized, outstanding graduation rate. In addition to support from teachers during classes and SMART Lunch, many other resources are available. If you have questions about these resources, contact Robin McAlexander, intervention coordinator, at email@example.com.
- NEED BUS SERVICE? New practices are in place for families new to Wake County and for returning students who are first-time bus riders.
- SCHOOL LUNCH: For information on the school lunch program, visit http://www.wcpss.net/parents/school-meals/.
- EARNING CREDIT BY DEMONSTRATED MASTERY (CDM): Under the state’s new Credit by Demonstrated Mastery (CDM) option, uniquely qualified students may “test out” or bypass a course if they have already mastered the content. For additional information including parent information sessions, Click Here.
- WEATHER-RELATED CLOSING/DELAY: For information on weather-related closing/delay of school, please refer to http://www.wcpss.net/parents/inclement-weather.html.
Parents may register to receive notifications from WCPSS by clicking here.
- SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS for the 2014-15 school year
- HOMECOMING DANCE: "Winter Wonderland" will be held on Saturday, October 4 from 8:00 PM - 11:00 PM in the Commons.
- SECOND SEMESTER PARENT NIGHT: The second semester Parent Night will be held on Thursday, February 5, at 7:00 p.m.